Friday, February 11, 2011

Lost in Transition

Since December 29, 2010, here are the places I have been:

1. Princeton, NJ
2. Manhattan, NY
3. Berkeley, CA
4. SF, 1886 Market @ Guerrero 
5. SF, 635 Minna St (after which I returned to NY)
6. Mont Clair, VA (after which I returned to NY again)
7. Falls Church, VA

I was supposed to somehow fit in the Boston but I decided to flake. 

So it won't come as a surprise that a few nights back I had a dream that I was back in my boarding school preparing for a basketball meet. However, I had no recollection of where I had slept the nights before. My teacher kept asking me for an address and I didn't have one. I was just lost. That sums up a lot of what I am feeling right now. In all my life I haven't changed as many beds as I did in the last one month. 

However, last night I finally ventured out into the suburban wilderness. My friend recommended this really nice Peruvian place for dinner thats 10 mins walking distance from my house and I decided to go there. Then stopped by and got some tea at Caribou Coffee. Caribou is quickly becoming a favourite of mine. I sometimes take my laptop and go work there. It has more character than most average coffee places in the US. It also has an uber cute barista who I think is from Turkey. 

O! Did I mention that I have a job that allows me to work from anywhere I want? Initially I was really skeptical but now I feel very Carrie Bradshaw-esque ala Sex and the City. Except I still need to find two GF's who are extremely sexually liberated and one who is a whore. I do have two really nice GF's in town who I intend to go watch a movie with over the weekend. 

O! Did I mention my tresses are gone? I still have to run my hands through to remind myself...