Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Thorn Birds

This is something I wrote a while back. I came across it today and I think I want to save it. 


Today was the day I learned to love. Never before did I understand or know that it would mean so much. But, today I understand that it was the best thing that happened to me.

They say that the thorn bird does not sing its sweetest song till the day it finds the thorn bush in which it can entangle itself and die. I am that bird.

I dont need to know that you will be there.. you will. I have felt you, in my dreams lying on my pillow. I have felt your breath down my neck though you were a thousand miles from me. I know that you and me together are more than just a memory.

And I will sing my sweetest song. Not for you alone, but because it makes me happy that you were the one who brought the song to my lips.

I knew not what I was capable of giving, bearing, holding.. till you showed me. Now I am a woman and so much more woman than I would ever be had you not met me. I will not miss you because you are me and I am you.. and I know that you will take care of me...