Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Surfacing Subconscious

I am known for my vivid dreams. I can't remember the last time I went to sleep and didn't watch an entire Hollywood blockbuster in my sleep. But last night was just plain disturbing. I am blogging about it because I just need to get it out of my system. Interpretations (sensible ones) are welcome.

I dreamed that I was on a houseboat that looked like a modified raft. It was barely in one piece. It was my wedding day. The groom was yet to be decided. I saw some men from my life there but none of them were attired to be the groom. Suddenly I saw an alligator/crocodile/water monster slowly gliding towards the raft. It was peaceful but once it came close to the raft and heard the noise it got agitated. In retrospect it kind of looked like the minotaur in water. Anyway, it started attacking the raft and to pacify it I jumped into the water. For some reason I had on hiking boots with my wedding trousseau and I took off those boots and started hitting the monster on the head with it. It still didn't harm me. But my Dad jumped in and it hurt my Dad. After a while the monster left. Everything was in shambles but the wedding had to go on. Until I realized, horror of horrors, I was going to marry my Dad. Why? Because I owed it to him for fighting off the monster.

This dream is disturbing on so many different levels. When I woke up I felt like I had been through the Crusades. Still exhausted and probably really going to regret this public display of my subconscious mind soon.