Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekend Shenanigans

What a great weekend this has been! It reinstates my belief that girls are so much fun to hang out with. Yes we are!

Friday night: Got off from work on a not so high note. Rushed to the metro. Saw a guy with a ukulele that had a feather on its back on the metro. He was playing and tuning the thing with so much enthusiasm. The thing is - it wasn't making any sounds. NBD. Got off at Chinatown and for some reason I felt completely lost. Met my friend at gallery place and soon three of us were headed to watch Moneyball. Those critics who reviewed the movie must not have watched it on a Friday night after a week of work. Also they could not have been sober. Also, I think they were all living under rocks for the last 20 years. It was an ok movie at best. It was such an OK movie that I didn't care enough to wait for the entire movie to end so I could go pee. After that we went to dinner and spend the entire conversation talking about hauntings and ghosts. It was really freaky. Ended up deciding to go on a day trip to Harper's Ferry the next day. Also, were too scared to walk/metro back home alone so we all got in a cab till J's car and then she dropped us home.

Saturday: Got in a ridiculous misunderstanding with my Dad. Cried for 2hrs on the phone with my Mom. It was a beautiful day so I got my act together and left the house on time to meet K at Silverspring for our road trip. Ok, it was just supposed to last an hour. But, the weather was soo brilliant and our conversation was so engaging that we overshot one exit by 30 miles. Then, neither of us had a smart phone or a GPS. Called The Boy from Hancock. No, I still don't know where that is exactly. He gave us directions which was through some of the most charming places I have seen in the US. We stopped at Historic Boonsboro. Disclaimer: From this point onwards most towns will be referred to as Historic. Got some apple cider, peach butter and honey. Took some pictures. Got back in car and drove. Reached (Historic) Harper's Ferry and still couldn't find it. Drove up to (historic) Bolivar. Drove back down to Harper's Ferry. Its a realllllly small but beautiful town. Situated at the confluence of the Shenandoah and Potomac rivers, it is really gorgeous. Little shops that sell cute souvvenirs and roughly two restaurants and THREE ice creams shops. Its all very charming. Bought little Wood Wick candles that crackle when they burn and smell like pine forests. Had dinner then headed to our haunted tour. That ended at 10 in the night and we drove back to DC.

Sunday: Went to Cox Farms for pumpkin picking! Yay. So grateful to experience fall in all its glory. Ate too much but also walked around a lot. The fresh air seems to make me really happy. Also being in green, open places reminds me a lot about my childhood days growing up in the tea plantation.




The best part about the weekend was being able to use my camera which has been lying around hibernating. Here are some pictures :)